Do you love to entertain, but lack the indoor space in your home to do so comfortably? Then it's time to extend your entertainment space to your outdoor areas, such as your patio and backyard. But this entails more than throwing a few plastic chairs and a potted palm on your deck. To create a welcoming outdoor entertainment space, you'll need furnishings that mimic your living room and will invite guests to hang outside for awhile.
There was a time not too long ago when placing a handsome couch on your deck would have been unimaginable. Today, however, many patio furniture stores offer stunning couches, sectionals and chairs that are beautifully crafted from weather-proof materials. Many of these pieces would definitely look right at home in your living room. To enhance the appearance of an indoor living room outdoors, consider also adding the following:
- A few lamps designed for outdoor use
- End tables
- A weatherproof television
- Beautiful throw pillows crafted out of weatherproof materials
If you aren't sure what kind of furniture to purchase, contact a professional patio furniture distributor, like Patio Shoppes of Coral Springs & The Palm Beaches.
Not Just for the Summer
Of course, outdoor living spaces are perfect year-round in fair-weather locales like California. But did you know that you can still use an area like this even in regions of the U.S. that experience cold winter months? You just need to equip your patio or deck with the right features to make it attractive during the chilly wintertime. For example, add the following to your outdoor living space and watch guests migrate outside:
- Heat lamps. Position a few around your outdoor furniture. These devices utilizes radiant heat to provide warmth to your guests even on chilly nights. Heat lamps range in size from full-size stand-alone models to ones that you can place on a table or mount on a wall or the ceiling.
- Fire pit. There is something very inviting about a fire pit that seems to draw guests. You can also use your fire pit as part of your entertainment by providing guests with the fixings for s'mores.
- Chiminea. A chiminea is a free-standing fireplace that can provide warmth for your guests. One of the advantages of a chiminea over a fire pit is that its chimney forces the smoke up and away from your patio and your guests.
Don't let a lack of room prevent you from entertaining guests. With these creative steps, you can easily convert your patio into a comfortable place for your guests to relax.